Pelvic Health & Women's Physiotherapy
Are you experiencing some leakage when you cough, laugh, sneeze or exercise? You’re not alone.
Incontinence affects around 30% of women and 20% of men in New Zealand. The good news? You don’t need to suffer with these issues - physiotherapy can help. Our Pelvic Health physiotherapists are trained in looking after women with pelvic floor issues. We will assess you and develop a treatment plan that’s just right for you.
Are you experiencing any of these signs of dysfunction?
- Racing to the loo and leaking on the way
- A heavy or bulging sensation in your vagina
- Frequent urinating and / or pain in the bladder
- Leaking urine when you run, jump, sneeze etc.
- Pain or discomfort in your lower abdomen or vagina
- Pain during sexual intercourse
What is causing these problems?
Many factors can contribute to pelvic dysfunction. These include hormones, pregnancy, child birth, menopause, weight gain, stress, radiation therapy, surgery, trauma, constipation, dietary factors or poor toileting habits.
How can physiotherapy help me?
- A thorough subjective in everything related to pelvic health
- Pelvic floor strengthening
- Pelvic floor relaxation/down training
- Bladder or bowel retraining
- Exercises to regain normal pelvic floor muscle tone and strength
- Advice on posture and back care
- Assessment on your readiness to return to vigorous exercise following childbirth
- Assessment and treatment of painful scar tissue
- Assessment and treatment for pelvic pain and/or pain with sexual intercourse
- Fitting of a pessary in the case of pelvic organ prolapse and/or stress urinary incontinence
If you have any questions or are wondering if physiotherapy can help you, feel free to get in touch with our Pelvic Health physiotherapist, Lydia McTamney at email@example.com.
What will a consultation cost?
Initial Consultation (1 hour) - $145 Follow-up Consultation (30 min) - $95